Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Wolverhampton City Council between January 2012 and March 2016, you:
1. In December 2012, wrote a Special Guardianship Report which omitted the information that the children had expressed clear wishes to be adopted.
2. On 19 December 2012, a Looked After Child (LAC) review was held in relation to Family A and you did not inform the father that he was to have no further contact with his child.
3. Submitted a Core Assessment to Manager A in June 2013 which
required numerous amendments due its poor quality.
4. Were responsible for completing a core assessment which caused a delay in progressing the case due to the numerous amendments that were required.
5. Around July 2013, were aware that Child X’s life journey work and/or later life letter needed to be completed and did not do anything about it until it was raised
in supervision on 30 September 2014.
6. Did not consistently complete the following within the required time frames:
a. Statutory visits;
b. Care plans.
7. In relation to Child A and/or Child B:
a. On 10 June 2014, submitted a draft statement to Wolverhampton
Council’s legal advisors, which was of such poor quality that it resulted in the delay of Child A's case being presented at court due to numerous amendments being required in relation to:
ii. Spelling ;
b. Recorded incorrect information in a Statement of Witness in that you:
i) stated that the outcome of the planning meeting on 10 September 2012 was the Care plan of adoption.
8. In relation to Child B:
a. Were allocated the case in July 2012 but did not:
i. start the core assessment until April 2013;
ii. complete the core assessment until September 2013.
b. In September 2012, indicated to the Court that an adoption order was required, but did not progress the case until July 2014 when an application for a placement order was made;
c. Had Colleague A assist in the completion of the core assessment:
i. Which breached the family’s confidentiality as Colleague A did not work within the department;
ii. Despite colleague A not having been involved with this family since January 2010.
a. 27 September 2013, regarding Family B; and/or
b. 01 September 2014, regarding Family C; and/or
c. 04 September 2014, regarding Family D; and/or
d. 08 September 2014, regarding Family E; and/or
e. 11 September 2014, regarding Family F; and/or
f. 19 September 2014, regarding Family G, you:
i) produced poor quality LAC review assessments, in that:
aa. they contained poor grammar and/or spelling errors and/or
bb. were not analytical;
cc. lacked information;
dd. did not clearly evidence the views and opinions of the family and
10. On more than one occasion in 2014, produced poor quality later life letters, in that they contained:
a. Poor grammar;
b. Spelling errors; and/or
c. Comprehension errors.
11. In relation to Child D you were required to provide a Later Life Letter in or around November 2013 but did not complete this until July 2014.
12. Produced a poor quality assessment on:
a. 01 August 2014 regarding family F;
b. On 29 August 2014 regarding family G.
13. On or around September 2014, informed Child E's Carer that the case was listed for final hearing on 03 October 2014 when this was not the case.
14. On 18 September, were asked to provide Colleague B with Child C’s contact notes by 23 September however did not do so.
15. In October 2014, delayed the progression of the rescinding of a
Placement order for family H, in that you:
a. Did not ratify the plan at the LAC review;
b. Did not progress the plan of adoption to be rescinded by the decision
c. On 08 October 2014 was unsure of the status of the case;
d. Did not know what type of report was required.
16. Did not provide sufficient detail in:
a. A Child Permanency report in October 2014.
17. In November 2014, recorded X'sChild Permanency report which required multiple amendments due to spelling and grammatical errors.
18. Did not consistently proof read your work for spelling and/or
19. Did not consistently progress cases in a timely manner due to
numerous amendments to the records.
20. Did not consistently produce accurate reports.
21. Did not consistently ensure that your records/assessments were
accurate and/or analytical.
22. Did not consistently take ownership of your work.
23. In relation to Carer A, between September 2013 and February 2014:
a. Were asked to provide carer A with information on Child E's birth family, but did not do so;
b. Provided a the life story book of such poor quality that it could not be used;
c. Were unaware that the adoption hearing date was 21 February 2014 until the carer informed you of this;
d. Demonstrated poor communication in that you stated to Carer B “why it was so important that I found out on that day?” or words to that effect, regarding the outcome of hearing.
24. In relation to carer B, were asked to provide the Child Permanency Report documents, the child’s families medical history and the child’s later life letter on three occasions but did not do so.
25. In September 2015, completed a Special Guardian Report for Child F and/or Child G which:
a. Contained spelling errors;
b. Contained grammatical errors;
c. required significant amendments.
26. Between August and December 2015, made a statement of witness that required significant amendments due to:
a. Spelling errors;
b. Poor grammar;
c. Factual inaccuracies;
d. Lack of analysis;
e. Lack of content. Page
27. The matters set out in paragraph 1 – 26 constitute misconduct and/or lack of competence.
28. By reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence your fitness to practise is impaired.
No information currently available
No information currently available
History of Hearings for Nilima Thawait
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|10/06/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Struck off|
|20/12/2016||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Hearing has not yet been held|