Miss Tania Myhre
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
The following allegation was considered by a Panel of the Health Committee at the substantive hearing on 10 November 2016:
Your fitness to practise as an Operating Department Practitioner is impaired by reason of your physical and/or mental health, as set out in Schedule A.
1. This Panel is aware that written notice of these proceedings was posted by first class post to the Registrant at her registered address on 02 October 2017. Notice was also served by email. There was a further notice dated 16 October which was also posted to the Registrant at her registered address. This contained “amendments to the Committee type” but was otherwise in the same terms as that dated 02 October 2017. This further notice was also sent by email. This Panel was shown documents which established the fact of the service of the above notices and the identity of the Registrant’s registered address and of her email address. In these circumstances this Panel accepted that proper service of the notices had been effected.
Proceeding in absence of the Registrant
2. Mr Pandya on behalf of the HCPC submitted that this hearing should proceed in the absence of the Registrant.
3. Mr Pandya informed the Panel that the HCPC had received an email from the Registrant dated 30 October 2017, in which she confirmed receipt of the documents sent to her for the purposes of this hearing. Save for this email, there has been no communication from or on behalf of the Registrant with regard to this hearing. Moreover the Registrant has not engaged with the HCPC since the date of the last hearing. Further the Panel was informed that there has been no engagement with the Registrant since the substantive hearing in November 2016.
4. This Panel heard and accepted the advice of the Legal Assessor.
5. This Panel was aware of the need to consider the application to proceed in the absence of the Registrant with great caution. However after giving that application very careful thought, this Panel has determined to allow it. Its reasons are as follows;
• Notice of this hearing has been properly served on the Registrant.
• The Registrant has not applied for an adjournment of this review hearing.
• At the adjourned hearing on 03 May 2016 and the substantive hearing on 10 November 2016, the Registrant was neither present nor represented.
• There is no reason to suppose that if an adjournment was granted, the Registrant would attend.
• This is a mandatory review of the present order.
• In all the circumstances the absence of the Registrant can be regarded as voluntary.
Proceeding in private
6. Mr Pandya applied for the entirety of this hearing to be held in private on the basis that the matters to be presented to the Panel involved the health of the Registrant. Having heard the advice of the Legal Assessor, the Panel concluded that the entirety of the hearing should be in private.
The order imposed today will apply from 8 December 2017.
This order will be reviewed again before its expiry on 8 December 2018.
History of Hearings for Miss Tania Myhre
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|02/11/2017||Health Committee||Review Hearing||Suspended|
|10/11/2016||Health Committee||Final Hearing||Suspended|