Miss Danielle Asnan
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Your fitness to practise as a Paramedic is impaired by reason of your health.
1. The Panel was aware that written notice of these proceedings was posted by first class post to the Registrant at her registered address on 8 November 2018. Notice was also served by email. The Panel was shown documents which established both the fact of the service and the identity of the Registrant’s registered address and also of her email address. In these circumstances the Panel accepted that proper service of the notice had been effected in accordance with the rules.
Proceeding in the absence of the Registrant
2. Ms Dudrah on behalf of the HCPC submitted that the Panel should consider the case in the absence of the Registrant.
3. Ms Dudrah informed the Panel that the Registrant has not engaged with the HCPC as regards this hearing.
4. The Panel heard and accepted the advice of the Legal Assessor.
5. The Panel was aware that a decision to proceed in the absence of the Registrant was one to be taken with great care and caution. However the Panel has decided to proceed in the absence of the Registrant. The reasons are as follows:
• Service of the appropriate notice of this hearing has been properly effected.
• The Registrant has not applied for an adjournment.
• The Registrant did not attend and was not represented at the hearing in December 2017.
• There is no reason to suppose that an adjournment would result in the future attendance of the Registrant.
• There is a public interest in proceeding.
• This review of the interim order is mandatory.
• In all the circumstances the absence of the Registrant should be treated as voluntary.
Proceeding in private
6. Ms Dudrah on behalf of the HCPC submitted that the entirety of the hearing should be held in private. The basis of the submission was that this matter concerned the health of the Registrant and her private life should be respected. Having heard and accepted the advice of the Legal Assessor and after taking into account the HCPTS Practice Note entitled “Conducting Hearings In Private”, the Panel directed that the entirety of the hearing should be conducted in private. In coming to this conclusion the Panel noted that the Allegation relates to the Registrant’s health and decided that in order to protect the private life of the Registrant, the entire hearing should be conducted in private.
7. As such, this is the redacted copy of the decision
The Registrar is directed to suspend the registration of Miss Danielle Asnan for a period of 12 months on the expiry of the existing order.
The order imposed today will apply from 9 January 2019. This order will be reviewed again before its expiry on 9 January 2020.
History of Hearings for Miss Danielle Asnan
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|11/12/2018||Health Committee||Review Hearing||Suspended|
|11/12/2017||Health Committee||Final Hearing||Conditions of Practice|