Mr Purnoor S Bawa
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
No information currently available
No information currently available
ORDER: The Panel confirms the Interim Conditions of Practice Order, as varied on 27 February 2018.
The conditions are:
1. Except in life threatening emergencies, you must not be involved in the direct provision of physiotherapy services to female service users without a chaperone being present.
For the purposes of this condition, a “chaperone” must be a qualified physiotherapist who is registered with the HCPC. For the avoidance of doubt, the chaperone must not be a student physiotherapist and must not be related to the Registrant. The chaperone must be present throughout the treatment session. The Service User must be advised of the attendance of the chaperone in advance of the treatment session. Should the Service User object to the attendance of the chaperone, the Registrant must not undertake the treatment session.
2. You must maintain a record of:
A. every case where you have been involved in the direct provision of physiotherapy services to female service users in each case; and
B. in each case, by reference to each treatment session, the chaperone must write the following in the Service Users case notes;
• The date of the treatment session
• The time the treatment session started and finished
• The chaperone’s signature
• The chaperone’s name printed in capitals
• Confirmation of their role as chaperone
3. You must maintain a record of every case where you have been involved in the direct provision of physiotherapy services to service users in a life-threatening emergency and without a chaperone being present.
4. You must make all the above records available for inspection at all reasonable times by any person authorised to act on behalf of the HCPC.
5. You must provide these records to the HCPC 14 days prior to the date of the next Review Hearing.
6. You must promptly inform the HCPC if you cease to be self-employed or employed by your current employer or take up any other or further employment.
7. You must promptly inform the HCPC in writing within 14 days of any disciplinary proceedings taken against you by your employer or in relation to your self-employment.
8. You must inform the following parties that your registration is subject to these conditions:
A. any organisation or person employing or contracting with you to undertake professional work as a physiotherapist;
B. any agency you are registered with or apply to be registered with (at the time of application); and
C. any prospective employer (at the time of your application).
9. You will be responsible for meeting any and all costs associated with complying with these conditions.
10. Any condition requiring you to provide any information to, or obtain the approval of, the HCPC is to be met by you sending the information to the offices of the HCPC, marked for the attention the Director of Fitness to Practise or Head of Case Management.
This Order will be reviewed by the Committee no later than 6 March 2018 or earlier if new evidence which is relevant to the Order becomes available after it was made.
History of Hearings for Mr Purnoor S Bawa
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|13/06/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|30/01/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|06/12/2018||Investigating committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|25/05/2018||Investigating committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|27/02/2018||Investigating committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|13/09/2017||Investigating committee||Interim Order Application||Interim Conditions of Practice|