Mr Nicholas John Barnes
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Whilst registered as a Social Worker and employed by Manchester City Council as a Team Manager, supervising the work of in relation to the case involving Child A, you:
1. In respect of safeguarding concerns raised by Child A’s school on or around 18 October 2013, did not:
a) Ensure that a Section 47 outcome record was made; and/or
b) Ensure that a Section 47 outcome record was provided to all those involved in the enquiry.
2. In respect of safeguarding concerns raised by Child A’s school on or around 13 November 2013, did not instruct the allocated worker to speak with Child A by herself in order to clarify the identity of the alleged perpetrator.
3. In respect of information regarding Person B provided by the police on or around 18 November 2013, did not ensure that the Child and Family Assessment and/or Section 7 Welfare Report was updated to reflect an assessment of the potential risks to Child A from Person B.
4. Did not review Child A’s case and identify that safeguarding concerns had been raised by the Children and Parent’s Service on or around 17 June 2014 and/or you did not ensure that adequate follow-up action was taken.
5. Did not review Child A’s case and identify that safeguarding concerns had been raised by Child A’s school on or around 6 October 2014 and/or you did not ensure that adequate follow-up action was taken.
6. Following concerns relating to an injury suffered by Child A reported by Child A’s school on or around 16 December 2014, did not instruct Social Worker E to do the following or ensure that these steps were completed:
a. take steps to arrange a Strategy Meeting; and/or
b. take steps to arrange a medical examination of Child A; and/or
c. take steps to conduct a Section 47 investigation.
7. Did not review Child A’s case and identify that safeguarding concerns had been raised by Child A’s school on or around 20 January 2015 and/or you did not ensure that adequate follow-up action was taken.
8. Did not ensure that the Children and Family Assessment completed on or around 20 January 2014:
a. Contained a full and/or adequate assessment of the safeguarding issues in the case; and/or
b. Was completed in a timely manner.
9. HCPC offering no evidence
a. HCPC offering no evidence
b. HCPC offering no evidence
10. During the period June 2014 to January 2015 you did not adequately supervise Social Worker E, in that you did not consistently discuss Child A’s case in sufficient detail during supervision sessions with Social Worker E and/or adequately record your discussions.
11. The matters set out in paragraph(s) 1 - 10 constitute misconduct and/or lack of competence.
12. By reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence your fitness to practise is impaired.
No information currently available
No notes available
History of Hearings for Mr Nicholas John Barnes
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|26/03/2018||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned part heard|