Ms Janet M Thomsen
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
By reason of your physical and/or mental health, your fitness to practise as a Podiatrist is impaired.
Hearing in private
1. An unopposed application was made by Ms Hollos for the entirety of the proceedings to be held in private, because they concern the health of the Registrant. The Panel determined that it was in the interests of justice that this application be granted, in accordance with the provisions of Rule 10(1)a. As such, this is a redacted public copy of the Panel’s determination.
The Registrar is directed to annotate the Register to show that, for a period of 12 months from the date that Order comes into effect you, Ms Janet Thomsen, must comply with the following conditions of practice:
1) You must not undertake podiatry/chiropody work as a sole practitioner.
3) At any premises where you are providing professional services as a podiatrist/chiropodist, you must place yourself and remain under the supervision of a workplace supervisor (registered with the HCPC or other appropriate statutory regulator). You must supply details of your Supervisor(s) to the HCPC, within 7 days of undertaking podiatry/chiropody practice.
4) You must provide a report, from any Workplace Supervisor, confirming your compliance with these conditions, at 3 monthly intervals and in any event, at least 7 working days prior to any Review hearing.
6) You must inform the HCPC of any new employer / organisation contracting with you to provide professional services as a podiatrist/chiropodist, within 7 days of accepting any post.
7) You must inform the HCPC if you cease employment / or contractual arrangements with any organisation for which you provide professional services as a podiatrist/chiropodist within 7 days of cessation.
8) You must promptly inform the HCPC of any disciplinary proceedings taken against you by anyone you are providing professional services for, and in any event, no later than 7 days from any such proceedings commencing.
9) You must inform the following parties that your registration is subject to these conditions:
a. Any organisation or person employing or contracting with you to undertake professional work;
b. Any Agency you are registered with, or apply to be registered with as a podiatrist/chiropodist (at the time of application);
c. Any prospective employer / organisation contracting with you to provide professional services as a podiatrist/chiropodist (at the time of application);
This Order will be reviewed before it expires.
History of Hearings for Ms Janet M Thomsen
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|08/04/2019||Health Committee||Final Hearing||Conditions of Practice|