Ms Diane Cooke
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
During the course of your employment as a Social Worker for Lincolnshire County Council:
- Between 2011 and 2015 you stored confidential service user documents at
- On an unknown date in 2015 you attempted to dispose of confidential service
user documents by giving them to an unauthorised person (Person A) to destroy.
- On an unknown date between April 2014 and November 2014 you left
confidential service user documents with an unauthorised person (Person B).
- In relation to Service User A, between January 2015 and May 2015, you:
- a) Did not complete a balanced Child and Family Assessment.
- b) Did not adequately investigate Child A’s behaviour.
- c) Did not interview Child A’s maternal grandmother and/or maternal uncle as
part of the Child and Family Assessment.
- d) Did not adequately record the telephone calls received from Person C.
- e) Did not record the discussions with Person C about contact between Child A
and his father (Person D).
- f) Informed the police that you suspected Person C had mental health problems
without evidence to support this.
- g) Informed Child A’s teacher that Person C and Child A shared the same bed
without obtaining Person C’s consent to disclose this.
- h) Informed the head of Child A’s nursery that Person C had been abused by
her father without obtaining Person C’s consent to disclose this.
- i) Did not refer Person C to Family Support.
- j) Did not record the risk analysis in a timely manner.
- k) Did not complete a Child in Need plan.
- l) Did not fully record the minutes for the Child in Need meetings held on 9
February 2015 and/or 19 March 2015.
- In relation to Service User B, between March 2015 and April 2015, you did
- a) Complete and/or record completing agency checks with the police, fire
brigade and/or Service User B’s nursery.
- b) Fully investigate the referral in respect of Service User B.
- In relation to Service User C, between May 2015 and August 2015, you did
- a) Seek the views of Service User C’s father.
- b) Explain and/or analyse the reasons for the decision to close the case.
- In relation to Service User D, between August 2015 and October 2015, you
- a) Complete a Child in Need plan.
- b) Record minutes for the Child in Need meeting held on 21 September 2015.
- c) Record the views of Service User D.
- d) Record the outcome and/or a risk analysis of the section 47 investigation.
- In relation to Service Users E, F and G, between July 2015 and October
- a) Completed the Children’s Social Care Assessment outside of the 45 working
days time limit.
- b) Did not complete child specific assessments in respect of Service user F
and/or Service User G.
- c) Did not speak with and/or record speaking with Service user F and/or Service
- d) Did not follow a management instruction to complete direct work with Service
User E around risk taking behaviour.
- e) Did not fully record the minutes for the Child in Need meeting held on 20 July
- f) Did not record minutes for the Child in Need meeting held on 28 August 2015.
- g) Did not record any case notes after 7 August 2015.
- In relation to Service Users H and I, between May 2015 and October 2015,
you did not:
- a) Adequately complete Child in Need plans.
- b) Record minutes for the Child in Need meeting held on 16 September 2015.
- c) Record the outcome and/or a risk analysis of the section 47 investigation.
- d) Follow a management instruction to see Service User H alone.
- The matters described at particulars 1 to 9 constitute misconduct and/or lack
- By reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence your fitness to
practise is impaired.
No information currently available
No information currently available
This is a voluntary removal agreement hearing of the conduct and competence committee taking place at 405 Kennington road London SE11 4PT on Thursday 8th August 2019 at 10:00am.
History of Hearings for Ms Diane Cooke
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|08/08/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Voluntary Removal Agreement||Hearing has not yet been held|
|08/08/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Voluntary Removal Agreement||Voluntary Removal agreed|
|05/04/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Review Hearing||Suspended|
|09/07/2018||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Suspended|
|19/02/2018||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned part heard|