Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Whilst employed as a Social Worker by the London Borough of Barnet between 5 January 2016 and 9 March 2016:
1. You did not keep your RiO diary up-to-date.
2. In relation to Child A;
a) In or around January and/or February 2016, you reported that the health visitor and/or another professional had visited Child A on 20 January 2016, when this was not the case;
b) on or around 10 February 2016 you touched and/or applied pressure to Child A’s head injury/scar.
3. In relation to Family B you produced an inadequate Child and Family Assessment Report in that you;
a) had not carried out and/or recorded an assessment of Child C’s own views about his home life;
b) did not refer to Child C’s education needs;
c) did not refer to the Domestic Violence Intervention Project (DVIP) report;
d) did not provide sufficient reasoning and evidence to support your decision to end the Child Protection Plan.
4. In relation to Unborn F you produced an inadequate Pre-Birth Assessment Report in that you;
a) had copied and pasted information from the police records directly into the assessment;
b) did not record Unborn F’s wishes and feelings;
c) did not include and/or link information about and/or from important agencies;
d) did not include any information and/or analysis about the mother’s parenting capacity;
e) did not obtain information from Service User B’s midwife.
5. On or around 14 January 2016:
a) you did not book an approved professional translator for a family; and/or
b) you used a friend to act as a translator for a family.
6. You did not carry out and/or record statutory visits in a timely manner and/or at all in relation to:
a) Family B;
b) Child B;
c) Child G;
d) Child H;
e) Child I;
f) Child J.
7. In or around January 2016, you behaved inappropriately towards Service User B, in that you;
a) asked “how was the sex”, or words to that effect, when she informed you of her pregnancy;
b) commented on a portrait of Service User B saying how “ugly she looked”, or words to that effect;
c) you asked Service User B why she dated Turkish men, or words to that effect;
d) you said: “all Turkish men beat their wives” or words to that effect;
e) you questioned Service User B about who she sleeps with, or words to that effect;
f) you said: “I’, the person who can take your children away” or words to that effect;
g) you said: “in the situation you’re in, who would even smile” or words to that effect;
h) you rubbed Service User B’s arm;
i) you touched and/or slapped the side of Service User B’s leg;
j) you said: “don’t involve me in your ********” or words to that effect.;
k) informed Service User B that she had to record the father’s name of Unborn F on the birth certificate.
8. Your actions described at particular 2(a) were:
a) misleading; and/or
9. Your actions described at particulars 7(h) and/or 7(i) were sexually motivated;
10. Your actions described at particulars 1 - 6 constitute misconduct and/or lack of competence;
11. Your actions described at particulars 7 - 9 constitute misconduct;
12. By reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence your fitness to practise is impaired.
No information currently available
No information currently available
This Conduct and Competence Committee Final Hearing was scheduled to take place on 03 September 2018 to 07 September 2018. The hearing was adjourned, part heard.
The reconvened hearing is to take place at HCPTS London on Monday 18 February 2019 to Friday 22 February 2019 and Monday 25 February 2019 to Tuesday 26 February 2019 at 10:00am.
History of Hearings for Emmanuel Banda
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|18/02/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Hearing has not yet been held|