Miss Isha Shona Gabriel
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
By reason of your physical and / or mental health, your fitness to practise as a Social Worker is impaired.
1. The Registrant is registered with the HCPC as a Social Worker. On 25 August 2015, a panel of the Conduct and Competence Committee found the Registrant’s fitness to practise was impaired by reason of her physical and/or mental health. The Registrant did not attend that hearing. The panel made a Suspension Order for 12 months. On 19 August 2016 that order was reviewed and extended for a further 12 months. The Registrant did attend on that occasion.
2. On 22 August 2017 the order was once again reviewed. The Registrant attended and, following representations from her, the panel replaced the Suspension Order with a Conditions of Practice Order (COPO) for a period of 18 months. This hearing is a mandatory review of that order.
Service of notice of hearing
3. The notice of hearing was sent to the Registrant by post on 17 January 2019, to the address provided by her for HCPC registration purposes, thereby complying with the 28 day notice period. The Panel was satisfied that the notice had been properly served.
Application to proceed in private
4. The Panel, after receiving legal advice, referring to the Practice Note (“Conducting Hearings in Private”) and giving the matter careful consideration, granted the HCPC’s unopposed application that this hearing be conducted in private. The case concerned health matters relating to the Registrant and it was right that such matters be dealt with in private in order to protect the Registrant’s personal life.
5. As such, this is the redacted copy of the decision.
The Registrar is directed to suspend the registration of Miss Isha Shona Gabriel, for a period of 12 months on the expiry of the existing order.
The order imposed today will apply from 22 March 2019.
This order will be reviewed again before its expiry on 22 March 2020.
History of Hearings for Miss Isha Shona Gabriel
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|18/02/2019||Health Committee||Review Hearing||Suspended|
|22/08/2017||Health Committee||Review Hearing||Conditions of Practice|
|19/08/2016||Health Committee||Review Hearing||Suspended|
|24/08/2015||Health Committee||Final Hearing||Suspended|