Mr Wayne Pattinson
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
No information currently available
No information currently available
Order: The Panel confirms the Interim Conditions of Practice Order in terms of article 31(7)(b) of the health and Social Work Professions Order 2001, as follows:
Mr Wayne Pattinson, when working as a Sonographer (but not when working as a Radiographer) must comply with the following conditions of practice:
1) In each employer/locum placement, you must be supervised by a supervisor who must be a Radiographer registered with the HCPC and with a qualification in Sonography. You must supply details of your supervisor to the HCPC within 2 weeks of receiving the employment/locum placement.
2) The supervision in condition 1 shall relate only to non MSK practice and shall consist of meeting(s) with each supervisor every 2 weeks, the meeting to comprise discussions regarding your professional performance and clinical competence, including the accuracy and adequacy of your clinical reports and the audits referred to in condition 3 (as available);
3) Every month, you must submit for audit by a Radiographer registered with the HCPC and with a qualification in Sonography a sample of not less than 10% of your work as a Sonographer (other than in relation to your MSK practice) in that employment/locum placement.
4) You must obtain from your supervisor(s) in each employment/locum placement a report commenting on your professional performance and clinical competence, including the accuracy and adequacy of your clinical reports. You must submit such report(s) to the HCPC at least 14 days before any review of this Order. For the avoidance of doubt all such reports must include reference to all areas of your practice including MSK.
5) You must notify the HCPC forthwith of the details of your supervisor(s) (as referred to in Condition 1) in any current employment/locum placement, or within 14 days of obtaining any new employment/locum placement. You must promptly inform the HCPC if you cease to be employed by your current employers/agencies or take up any other or further employment and provide full details of any such employment.
6) You must promptly inform the HCPC of any disciplinary proceedings taken against you in relation to your clinical practice.
7) You must inform the following parties that your registration is subject to these conditions:
a) any organisation or person employing or contracting with you to undertake professional work;
b) any agency you are registered with or apply to be registered with (at the time of application); and
c) any prospective employer (at the time of your application).
This Order will be reviewed by the Committee no later than three months from today’s date or earlier if new evidence which is relevant to the Order becomes available after it was made.
Right to Apply to the Court
Under Article 31(12) of the Health and Social Work Professions Order 2001, you may apply to the appropriate court to terminate the order.
European alert mechanism
In accordance with Regulation 67 of the European Union (Recognition of Professional Qualifications) Regulations 2015, the HCPC will inform the competent authorities in all other EEA States that your right to practise has been prohibited.
You may appeal to the County Court against the HCPC’s decision to do so. Any appeal must be made within 28 days of the date when this notice is served on you. This right of appeal is separate from your right to appeal against the decision and order of the Panel.
History of Hearings for Mr Wayne Pattinson
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|25/10/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|29/07/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|07/05/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|09/04/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|16/10/2018||Investigating committee||Interim Order Application||Interim Conditions of Practice|