Ms Rebecca S Davies
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Between 24 February 2015 and 7 August 2015, during the course of your employment as a Social Worker with North Yorkshire County Council:
1.On 11 March 2015, you were allocated the case of Child 1 and you:
a) Did not complete the child's adoption support plan in a timely manner or at all;
b) Did not reply to correspondence about this child in a timely manner;
c) Did not complete the Pre- Meeting Report for the child's statutory Looked After Child review on 31 July 2015;
d) Did not correctly update the child's father’s address on the case management system in a timely manner.
2. On 11 March 2015; you were allocated the case of Child 2 and you;
a) Did not complete the Child’s Under Placement with Parent Regulations (PWP) assessment in a timely manner or at all;
b) Did not visit and/or record that you had visited the child, at a minimum of every six weeks between 7 May 2015 and 5 September 2015.
3. In the case of Child 3 you did not record in adequate detail all your visits to this child.
4. In the case of Child 4 you did not ensure that the child received birthday presents provided by the birth mother in a timely manner.
5. On 7 May you were allocated the case of Child 5 and you:
a) Did not attend the meeting between the Pre-Adoptive parents and the child;
b) Did not plan and/or conduct visits to the child during the adoption introductions in a timely manner.
c) Did not follow a management instruction to visit the child on 8 July 2015.
6. On 16 May 2015 you were allocated the case of Child 6 and you;
a) Did not:
i) complete the Change of Circumstances report upon Child 6’s adoption in a timely manner;
ii) undertake and/or record Looked After Child visits between 31 March 2015 and 11 August 2015;
iii) update the care plan for Child 6 in a timely manner;
iv) complete the Looked After Child review report for Child 6 in a timely manner;
v) undertake and/or record adoption visits to Child 6;
vi) send a notification letter to Child 6’s birth family upon Child 6’s adoption in a timely manner;
vii) update Child 6’s birth mother’s address;
viii) communicate with Child 6’s birth mother for a period of approximately two months despite her request for communication;
ix) complete the adoption care plan upon Child 6’s adoption in a timely manner;
x) complete the placement plan upon Child 6’s adoption in a timely manner.
b) Gave permission for the pre-adoptive parents to change the name of the child without management authorisation.
7. On 1 June 2015, you were allocated the cases of Children 7, 8 & 9 and you did not record any statutory visits on their files.
8. On 1 June 2015 you were allocated the case of Child 10 and you left a council correspondence slip, without an envelope, on the doorstep of the family home.
9. The matters set out in paragraphs 1-8 constitute misconduct and/or lack of competence.
10. By reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence, your fitness to practice is impaired.
Facts proved: 1a, 1c, 1d, 2a, 2b, 3, 5a, 6a(ii), 6a(v), 7 and 8
Facts not proved: 1b, 4, 5b, 5c, 6a (i),6a(iii), 6a(iv), 6a(vi), 6a(vii), 6a(viii), 6a(ix), 6a(x)
No information currently available
No information currently available
No notes available
History of Hearings for Ms Rebecca S Davies
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|06/06/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Review Hearing||Hearing has not yet been held|
|05/06/2017||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Conditions of Practice|