Ms Samantha-Joy Jones
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Whilst registered as a Paramedic with the Health & Care Professions Council, you:
1) Whilst employed by South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust as a Band 5 bank paramedic, provided inaccurate and/or misleading information, in that:
a. on 15 February 2017, you stated that you:
(i) had previously qualified as a Critical Care Paramedic at East of England Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust, or words to that effect and/or
(ii) had worked as a Critical Care Paramedic at West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust or words to that effect;
b. In approximately December 2016, you:
(i) wore a Critical Care Paramedic badge whilst on duty as a Paramedic and/or
(ii) told another paramedic that you were a Critical Care Paramedic.
2) You provided inaccurate and/or misleading information in your applications for a Specialist Paramedic Critical Care position in approximately 2015 and/or for a Qualified Specialist Paramedic Critical Care position in approximately 2016, both at South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust, in that you:
a. stated that you were employed by West Mercia and Warwickshire Police as a Critical Care Paramedic between May — November 2015;
b. stated that you worked as a Critical Care Paramedic Trainer whilst employed at Queen Elizabeth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust between August 2013 - February 2015;
c. included areas of specialism within your role at Queen Elizabeth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust that you did not specialize in, including but not limited to airway management, crash and trauma calls, and/or advanced life support;
d. stated that you worked as a qualified Critical Care Paramedic whilst employed with Bristol Ambulance at South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust when this was not the case;
e. stated that you were an instructor in Advanced Life Support, when you did not hold the appropriate qualification and/or you were not registered as required with the Resuscitation Council;
f. stated that you had gained a critical care qualification through MAGPAS when this was not the case.
3) In a meeting on 29 March 2017, you stated that you had intubated a patient during an observation shift at Queen Elizabeth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, when this was not the case.
4) In your interview for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance in approximately 2016, you stated that you had undertaken critical care paramedic training at MAGPAS in 2012, when this was not the case.
5) In 2015, informed colleague(s) at Bristol Ambulance Service that you had attended a road traffic incident and had resuscitated and/or attempted to resuscitate a baby, when this was not the case;
6) While employed as an Agency Paramedic by Bristol Ambulance Service between 1 December 2014 and 1 May 2015 you:
a. On one or more occasion, wore the badge indicating that you were a Critical Care Paramedic in such a way as it was visible to colleagues and/or members of the public:
(i) When you were on shift as a Band 5 paramedic and/or
(ii) You did not have the relevant skills and/or qualifications to call yourself a CCP.
7) The actions described in particulars 1 and 6 were dishonest.
8) The particulars set out at 1 to 6 constitute misconduct.
9) By reason of your misconduct, your fitness to practise is impaired.
No information currently available
No information currently available
Please note that Day 1 of the hearing will start at 10:00AM. All subsequent days will begin at 9:30AM.
History of Hearings for Ms Samantha-Joy Jones
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|10/06/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Hearing has not yet been held|