Mr Davabalan Andavar
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Whilst registered as a Clinical Scientist, on 3rd May 2018, you were convicted of;
- Failing to provide a breath sample, contrary to section 7 (6) of the Road Traffic Act 1988.
- Careless driving, contrary to section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988. By reason of your Conviction as set out at paragraphs 1 and 2, your fitness to practise as a Clinical Scientist is impaired
Application to proceed in Private
1. Ms Meek, in light of the Registrant’s health made an application to hear the case in private. Ms Eales did not object. The Panel heard and accepted the advice of the Legal Assessor who referred the Panel to the Practice Note on Conducting Hearings in Private and reminded it of considering the interests of justice and balancing that with the interest of the Registrant.
2. The Panel decided it was appropriate to allow the application having balanced the interests of the Registrant with the public interest. The whole hearing will be held in private.
Adjournment of proceedings:
3. Following announcing its decision on facts and impairment the Panel announced that the proceedings would have to adjourn part-heard due to a lack of time to consider sanction. The hearing will reconvene on 24 May 2019.
4. The Panel determined that the remainder of the hearing should be conducted in private, for the reasons outlined previously.
Order: The Registrar is directed to annotate the HCPC Register entry of Mr Davabalan Andavar with a caution which is to remain on the register for a period of three years from the date this order comes into effect.
Right of Appeal:
You may appeal to the High Court in England and Wales against the Panel’s decision and the order it has made against you.
Under Articles 30(10) and 38 of the Health and Social Work Professions Order 2001, any appeal must be made to the court not more than 28 days after the date when this notice is served on you.
History of Hearings for Mr Davabalan Andavar
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|24/05/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Caution|
|28/03/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned part heard|