Mr Christopher Doe
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Whilst registered with the Health and Care Professions Council as an Operating Department Practitioner:
1. On 28 March 2018 at Local Court of NSW at Parramatta you were convicted of Larceny under section 117 of the Crimes Act (NSW).
2. By reason of your conviction, your fitness to practise as an Operating Department Practitioner is impaired.
Amendment of the application
1. Mr Lloyd made an application to amend the allegation to better reflect the name of the offence for which the Registrant received the conviction. Ms Hewitt did not oppose the application.
2. The Panel accepted the advice of the Legal Assessor.
3. The Panel decided to allow the proposed amendment. The proposed amendment was appropriate and it did not create any unfairness to the Registrant.
Hearing in private
4. Ms Hewitt made an application for the whole hearing to be heard in private to protect the Registrant’s private life. Mr Lloyd did not oppose the application.
5. The Panel accepted the advice of the Legal Assessor and had regard to the HCPTS Practice Note “Conducting Hearings in Private”.
6. The Panel agreed to the application because the entire case involved details of the Registrant’s family and his health.
The Registrar is directed to annotate the register entry of Mr Christopher Doe with a Caution Order which is to remain on the Register for a period of five years from the date this Order takes effect.
No notes available
History of Hearings for Mr Christopher Doe
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|25/03/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|01/10/2020||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Application||Interim Suspension|
|04/11/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Caution|