Ms Christine A Smith-Read
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
No information currently available
No information currently available
ORDER: The Registrar is directed to impose the following interim conditions on the registration of Ms Christine A Smith-Read, for the remainder of the period of the Interim Order (namely until 11 April 2020).
In your capacity as a Social Worker:
1. You must provide a hard copy of these conditions of practice to the host employer within 7 days of commencing any role as a Social Worker, and, within 7 days of doing so, confirm this to the HCPC, or Social Work England after it takes over the regulation of Social Workers after 1 December 2019.
2. You must place yourself, and remain, under the supervision of a workplace supervisor registered with the HCPC or with Social Work England after 1 December 2019, or any other appropriately qualified professional.
3. You must work with your supervisor or nominated supervisor to formulate a Personal Development Plan that demonstrates your professional progression and which is designed to enable you to demonstrate your adherence to the standards expected of you as a Social Worker by the HCPC and / or by Social Work England after 1 December 2019.
4. You must forward a copy of your Personal Development Plan within one month of commencement of your employment as a Social Worker either to the HCPC or to Social Work England after 1 December 2019.
5. You must meet with your supervisor on a monthly basis to consider your progress towards achieving the aims set out in your Personal Development Plan.
6. You must provide written information to the HCPC or Social Work England after 1 December 2019 every month as to how you are achieving the aims of the PDP. This may take the form of a report from your supervisor, or a written reflective piece by you. If it is the latter, it must be countersigned by your supervisor.
7. You will be responsible for meeting any costs in compliance with any of these conditions.
8. You must promptly inform the HCPC or Social Work England after 1 December 2019 of any new employment as a Social Worker, or if you cease to be employed as a Social Worker.
9. You must promptly inform the HCPC or Social Work England after 1 December 2019 of any disciplinary proceedings taken by your employer against you as a Social Worker.
10. You must inform the HCPC or Social Work England after 1 December 2019 if you are unable to fulfil any of these conditions.
11. You must inform the following parties that your registration is subject to these conditions:
A. any organisation or person employing or contracting with you to undertake professional work that requires registration as a Social Worker;
B. any agency you are registered with as a Social Worker, or you apply to be registered with as a Social Worker, at the time of application;
C. any prospective employer seeking to employ you as a Social Worker, at the time of your application.
This Order will be reviewed by the Committee no later than 25 January 2020 or earlier if new evidence which is relevant to the Order becomes available after it was made.
History of Hearings for Ms Christine A Smith-Read
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|25/10/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|19/07/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|24/04/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|04/04/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Adjourned|
|11/10/2018||Investigating committee||Interim Order Application||Interim Conditions of Practice|