Mrs Melanie E Hood
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Your fitness to practise is impaired by reason of your health.
1. The Panel heard that notice in respect of this hearing was sent by first class post and email to the Registrant’s registered address on 22 October 2019 in accordance with Rules 3 and 6 of the Health Committee Procedure Rules 2003.
2. The Panel determined that the notice had been served in accordance with the Rules.
Application to conduct the hearing in private
3. Mr Foxsmith referred the Panel to the HCPTS Practice Note on Conducting Hearings in Private and to Rule 10 (1) (a) of the Health Committee Procedure Rules 2003.
4. He submitted that as this hearing is wholly concerned with matters pertaining to the health of the Registrant it should be held in private session. He said this would be appropriate in order to protect the private life of the Registrant.
5. The Panel heard and accepted the advice of the Legal Assessor.
6. The Panel had careful regard to the provisions of the Practice Note on Conducting Hearings in Private and to Rule 10 (1) (a) of the Health Committee Procedure Rules 2003, which provides:
“At any hearing the proceedings shall be held in public unless the Committee is satisfied that, in the interests of justice or for the protection of the private life of the registrant… the public should be excluded from all or part of the hearing.”
7. The Panel was satisfied that, for the protection of the private life of the Registrant, the entire proceedings should be held in private session. This is a redacted public copy of the private decision.
That the Registrar is directed to suspend the registration of Mrs Melanie Hood for a period of 12 months from the date this order comes into effect.
This Order will be reviewed before its expiry.