Mrs Melanie Parton
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
No information currently available
No information currently available
The Registrar is directed to impose the following conditions on the registration of Mrs Melanie Parton for the remainder of the period of the Order (namely until 1 May 2021).
1. You must not undertake a full-time role as a Chiropodist/Podiatrist.
2. Before recommencing your professional practice, you must complete all required CPD and all relevant return to practise and refresher courses.
3. You must :-
a. Within 7 days of commencing work as a Podiatrist, identify and place yourself, and remain under the supervision of a workplace supervisor who must be a senior practitioner who is registered as a Chiropodist/Podiatrist with the HCPC
b. supply details of your supervisor to the HCPC within 7 days of identifying and agreeing such a supervisor
c. ensure at all times that your supervisor works on the same shifts and in the same premises as you
d. attend upon your supervisor as required and follow their advice, guidance and recommendations
4. You must work with your supervisor to formulate a Personal Development Plan (PDP) designed to address the deficiencies in the following areas of your practice:
a. Client and colleague communication
b. Appropriate use of podiatry treatment skills and tools
c. Time keeping
d. Record keeping
e. Appropriate disposal of instruments and appropriate use of sharps bins
5. You must forward a copy of your PDP to the HCPC no less than 14 days before any review hearing.
6. You must meet with your supervisor on a weekly basis to consider your progress towards achieving the aims set out in your PDP.
7. You must submit a written report from your supervisor to the HCPC no less than 14 days prior to any review hearing, and you must allow your supervisor to provide information to the HCPC about your progress towards achieving the aims set out in your PDP.
8. You must remain under the care of your general practitioner, and any other health professional from whom you are receiving treatment, and follow their advice and guidance.
9. You must inform your GP, and any other health professional from whom you are receiving treatment, about these conditions of practice and authorise them to provide the HCPC with information about your health and any treatment you are receiving.
10. You must keep your professional commitments under review and limit your professional practice in accordance with the advice of your GP, and any other health professional from whom you are receiving treatment.
11. You must cease practising immediately if you are advised to do so by your GP, or any other health professional from whom you are receiving treatment.
12. You must promptly inform the HCPC when you commence any professional engagement whether as an employee or through an agency, whether paid or unpaid, and provide full details of the employer.
13. You must promptly inform the HCPC of any disciplinary proceedings taken against you by your employer.
14. You must inform the following parties that your registration is subject to these conditions:-
A. any organisation or person employing or contracting with you to undertake professional work, including any teaching work which requires your registration with the HCPC;
B. any agency you are registered with or apply to be registered with (at the time of application); and
C. any prospective employer (at the time of your application).
This order will be reviewed by the Committee no later than 15 October 2020 or earlier if new evidence which is relevant to the Order becomes available after it was made.
History of Hearings for Mrs Melanie Parton
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|18/12/2020||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Hearing has not yet been held|
|25/09/2020||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|15/07/2020||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|20/12/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|16/10/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|30/09/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Adjourned|
|10/07/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|11/04/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|02/11/2018||Investigating committee||Interim Order Application||Interim Suspension|