Mr Collins Esona
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
No information currently available
No information currently available
Order: The Interim Conditions of Practice Order made on 6 December 2018 (as varied on earlier reviews) is confirmed. The conditions are:
1. You must promptly inform the HCPC if you take up employment / Locum work as a Biomedical Scientist.
2. You must promptly inform the HCPC of any disciplinary proceedings taken against you in your role as a Biomedical Scientist by your employer.
3. When employed as a Biomedical Scientist, within core hours or out of hours, you must place yourself and remain under the supervision of a workplace supervisor. This supervisor could be your line manager or another Biomedical Scientist of the same band or higher. There does not need to be direct supervision. This condition can be satisfied if a supervisor is available to give advice and/or support either in person or by telephone. A supervisor may delegate this task if he / she is unavailable.
4. When employed as a Biomedical Scientist, you must meet with your supervisor as required by them to review your standard of practise in your role. You must provide a report or reports from your employer as to your standard of practice before any hearing when this Order is reviewed.
5. You must inform the following parties that your registration is subject to these conditions:
A. any organisation or person employing or contracting with you to undertake work as a Biomedical Scientist;
B. any agency you are registered with or apply to be registered with as a Biomedical Scientist (at the time of application);
C. any prospective employer seeking to employ you as a Biomedical Scientist (at the time of application).
6. You will be responsible for meeting any and all costs associated with complying with these conditions.
This order will be reviewed by the Committee no later than 2 December 2020, or earlier if new evidence which is relevant to the Order becomes available after it was made.
Right to Apply to the Court
Under Article 31(12) of the Health Professions Order 2001, you may apply to the appropriate court to revoke or vary the conditions imposed.
European alert mechanism
In accordance with Regulation 67 of the European Union (Recognition of Professional Qualifications) Regulations 2015, the HCPC will inform the competent authorities in all other EEA States that your right to practise has been restricted.
You may appeal to the County Court against the HCPC’s decision to do so. Any appeal must be made within 28 days of the date when this notice is served on you. This right of appeal is separate from your right to appeal against the decision and order of the Panel.
History of Hearings for Mr Collins Esona
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|02/09/2020||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|02/03/2020||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|14/08/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|16/05/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|27/02/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|06/12/2018||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|08/06/2018||Investigating committee||Interim Order Application||Interim Suspension|