Dr Kenneth Aitken
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
In your role as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist at Danshell Healthcare Group, between around May 2017 and 9 November 2017, you:
1. Did not undertake and/or record psychology input for the following service users:
a. Patient 1 in that you did not undertake and/or record:
i. a risk assessment in respect of internet access;
ii. a capacity assessment
b. Patient 2 in that you did not:
i. Undertake and/or record a sexual risk assessment;
ii. Undertake and/or record a cognitive assessment;
c. Patient 3 in that you did not undertake and/or record a dementia assessment;
d. Patient 4 in that you did not undertake and/or record a risk assessment;
e. Patient 5 in that you did not:
i. undertake and/or record an assessment of Patient 5’s capacity and/or wellbeing;
ii. Record and/or provide a copy of your risk assessment report
f. Patient 6 in that you did not:
i. Undertake and/or record a baseline assessment on obsessions/compulsions and cognitive function;
ii. Undertake and/or assess Patient 6’s audiology problems in terms of him not wearing his hearing aids;
g. Patient 7 in that you did not:
i. Undertake and/or record an assessment of Patient 7’s
ii. Undertake and/or record an IQ test;
iii. Develop a bespoke programme for intervention.
h. Patient 8 in that you did not undertake and/or record undertaking assessments to obtain functional analysis profile of baseline.
i. Patient 9 in that you did not undertake and/or record a risk assessment;
j. Patient 12 in that you did not:
i. undertake and/or record a clinical assessment of Patient 12’s presenting needs;
ii. prepare a treatment plan;
iii. complete a CPA report
k. Patient 13 in that you did not:
i. Undertake and/or record an assessment and/or intervention in relation to psycho-education and relationships;
ii. Undertake and/or record assessing Patient 13’s capacity
iii. Develop a treatment plan
l. Patient 14 in that you did not:
i. undertake and/or record assessments of treatment needs and interventions.
ii. develop a treatment plan
m. Patient 15 in that you did not review and/or record reviewing Patient 15’s obsessional behaviours
n. Patient 16 in that you did not undertake and/or record an autism assessment
2. Failed to make any or any adequate record of clinical contact with the following service users and/or record entries relating to your contact in their respective case files:
a. Patient 1;
b. Patient 2;
c. Patient 3;
d. Patient 4;
e. Patient 5;
f. Patient 6;
g. Patient 7;
h. Patient 8;
i. Patient 9;
j. Patient 12;
k. Patient 13;
l. Patient 14;
m. Patient 15;
n. Patient 16.
3. Failed to regularly attend Multi-disciplinary meetings and/or attend Multi-disciplinary meetings in a timely manner across the following organisations:
a. Wallace Hospital;
b. Thistle Care Home;
c. Ellen Mhor;
d. Rainach House;
e. Trinity House.
4. Failed to make yourself available to attend a meeting with the police in relation to Patient 5 on 26 October 2017 or advise that you were unavailable on this date.
5. The matters set out in Paragraphs 1 - 4 constitute misconduct and/or lack of competence.
6. Your fitness to practise as a Clinical Psychologist is impaired by reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence.
No information currently available
No information currently available
No notes available
History of Hearings for Dr Kenneth Aitken
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|14/06/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Hearing has not yet been held|