Kimberley I R Atkinson
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
As a registered Orthoptist (OR06256) your fitness to practise is impaired by reason of lack of competence and/or health. In that:
1. Between March 2018 and February 2019, you did not maintain accurate and complete records in relation to the Services Users set out in Schedule A.
2. Between March 2018 and March 2019, you carried out tests that were not indicated in relation to the Service Users set out in Schedule B.
3. Between November 2018 and January 2019, you did not communicate effectively with the service users set out in Schedule C.
4. Between September 2018 and February 2019, you did not carry out relevant rests to the required standard for the Service Users set out in Schedule E.
5. Between September 2018 and February 2019, you did not carry out relevant rests to the required standard for the Service Users set out in Schedule E.
6. On 20 September 2018, you did not appropriately diagnose Service User 4, in that you;
a. Incorrectly diagnosed diplopia.
b. Did not diagnose ocular myasthenia
7. On 12 November 2019, you inappropriately informed Service User 2 that squint surgery was an option.
8. You have a physical and/or mental health condition as set out in Schedule F.
9. The matters set out in allegations 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 above constitutes lack of competence.
10. By reason of lack of competence and/or health, your fitness to practice is impaired.
No information currently available
The Panel decided to adjourn the hearing.
No notes available
History of Hearings for Kimberley I R Atkinson
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|28/02/2022||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned|