The Interim Conditions of Practice Order imposed on 15 January 2021 is confirmed. Mr Karl A Hough, must continue to comply with the following conditions of practice:
1. You must inform the HCPC within 48 hours if you cease to be employed by your current employer, take up a new role with your current employer, or take up any other or further employment (with the exception of a role solely administrating the Covid-19 vaccine).
2. You must inform the HCPC within 48 hours of any disciplinary proceedings taken against you by your employer.
3. You must inform the following parties that your registration is subject to these conditions:
1. any organisation or person employing or contracting with you to undertake professional work requiring HCPC registration;
2. any agency you are registered with or apply to be registered with (at the time of application) to undertake professional work requiring HCPC registration; and
3. any prospective employer (at the time of your application) to whom you apply to undertake professional work requiring HCPC registration.
4. You must not administer any medication in relation to pain management or sedation (with the exception of oral pain medication) without first obtaining approval from a health professional with prescribing rights. A record must be kept of any such administration, detailing who authorised the administration and when this authorisation was given. This must be provided to the HCPC no less than 10 days prior to any review hearing.
5. You must not take the primary supervisory role in any patient care episode when working with others. For the avoidance of doubt, the “supervisory role” cited above is in relation to working with professional colleagues.
6. You must allow a health professional registered by the HCPC or another statutory regulator to review the quality of your patient care records on a monthly basis.
7. You must forward to the HCPC every 12 weeks a declaration from any of those reviewing health professionals confirming that the records have been reviewed on a monthly basis and found to be satisfactory. The declaration must be signed and dated and must confirm that the author was aware of these conditions. As a minimum, a declaration must be provided no less than 10 days before any review hearing.
8. You will be responsible for meeting any and all costs associated with complying with these conditions.
9. Any condition requiring you to provide any information to the HCPC is to be met by you sending the information to the offices of the HCPC, marked for the attention of the relevant Case Manager.