Miss Gabrielle L Concannon
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
As a registered Paramedic (PA37723) your fitness to practise is impaired by reason of misconduct and/or lack of competence in that:
1) On 1 November 2016, you:
a) Did not record the Glasgow Coma Scale for a child in respect of Service User A;
b) Did not transfer Service User A to hospital and/or did not obtain authority from another healthcare professional to discharge Service User A without transfer;
c) Discharged Service User A without conducting a second set of observations;
d) Did not complete a safeguarding referral for Service User A.
2) On or around 10 February 2017, you took cannabis and/or cocaine.
3) On 7 August 2017, you did not adequately assess Service User C's clinical risk, in that you incorrectly suggested that Service User C should be discharged to their parents.
4) Between September 2016 and February 2018, you did not maintain full, clear and accurate records in that:
a) On 8 September 2016, you did not record why the decision was made to discharge Service User D:
b) On 24 November 2016, you did not record any worsening advice for Service User E.
c) On 30 July 2017, you:
i) Recorded that Service User F had suffered a Transient Ischaemic Attack but did not complete the relevant section in the record;
ii) Did not record sufficient details in relation to Service User G's lower limb paralysis;
d) On 23 February 2018, you:
i) Did not set out what assessment was conducted on Service User H in relation to their mental capacity;
ii) Did not document auscultation of the chest or an abdominal assessment for Service User I.
5) On 23 July 2018, you were unable to make an independent decision in relation to Service User J's treatment plan.
6) On 24 July 2018, you:
a) Did not take Service User K's blood pressure before changing their position;
b) Were unable to make an independent decision in relation to administration of medication to Service User L.
7) On 3 August 2018, when attending Service User M, you were unable to identify how to diagnose an opioid overdose, namely, by checking a patient's pupils.
8) On 8 August 2018, you:
a) Incorrectly suggested that Service User N should be discharged without transfer:
b) Dispensed the incorrect amount of paracetamol for Service User N;
9) On 9 August 2018 you:
a) Did not adequately dispose of the sharp used to cannulate Service User O, in that the sharp fell to the floor; 9
b) Allowed Service User O's IV medication to run dry.
10) You failed to complete the capability action plan dated 8 August 2017 in that:
a) You did not attend the final review meeting on 9 April 2018;
b) You did not complete the NQP Portfolio within the required time;
c) Whilst the action plan was in place:
i) Clinical concerns were raised about your performance;
ii) Concerns were raised in relation to your record-keeping.
11) You failed to complete the capability action plan dated 24 July 2018 in that you:
a) Did not sign the action plan;
b) Did not properly engage with the action plan;
c) Did not engage with the supportive programme provided to you in relation to record-keeping and history-taking; and/or
d) Did not complete the NQP Portfolio within the required time.
12) The matters set out in allegations 1(d), 2, 9, 10 and 11 above constitute misconduct.
13) The matters set out in allegations 1(a) to (c), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 above constitute lack of competence.
14) By reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence, your fitness to practise is impaired
No information currently available
No information currently available
“This hearing adjourned, part heard. The date for the reconvened hearing is to be confirmed.”
History of Hearings for Miss Gabrielle L Concannon
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|07/06/2022||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned part heard|
|26/05/2022||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|01/03/2022||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|26/11/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|29/06/2021||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|06/04/2021||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|11/01/2021||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|16/10/2020||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|30/06/2020||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|12/03/2020||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|