Ms Asima P Rafeeq
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
As a registered Hearing Aid Dispenser (HAD02905) your fitness to practise is impaired by reason of misconduct and/or lack of competence. In that:
1. On 15 January 2020 you did not complete an accurate and/or competent audiogram in that you did not perform an a-c masking test on the left ear for Patient A correctly or at all.
2. On 15 January 2020 you selected a MedEL ADhear hearing aid for Patient 6 A which was not clinically indicated.
3. On 15 January 2020 you provided an invoice to Patient A which was inaccurate and/or misleading in that:
a. The invoice described b-c aids as a “Pair of ADhear bone-ridge aids CROS system “ when the ADhear and Bonebridgeare different systems; and
b. The cost of £34,000 was not broken down.
4. On 15 January 2020 you charged £34,000 for hearing aid devices and this figure was excessive.
5. On 15 January 2020 you accepted a deposit from Patient A of £11,900, knowing this to be an inflated amount.
6. Your conduct in respect of paragraphs 3 and/or 4, and/or 5 above was dishonest, as it was to achieve personal financial gain.
7. The matters set out in paragraph 1 and 2 above constitute lack of competence and/or misconduct.
8. The maters set out in paragraphs 3 – 6 constitute misconduct.
9. By reason of your lack of competence and/or misconduct your fitness to practise is impaired.
No information currently available
This hearing has adjourned, with no evidence heard. The date for the rescheduled hearing is to be confirmed.
No notes available
History of Hearings for Ms Asima P Rafeeq
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|30/01/2023||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned|