Mr Martin Joseph Sands
(as amended at the Final Hearing)
While employed as a Social Worker with Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council, you:
1. Did not visit the following Children In Need between the following dates:
a) Service User B between 17 July 2012 and around 15 May 2013;
b) Service User A between 5 October 2012 and around 15 May 2013;
c) Service User C between 7 September 2012 and or around 15 May 2013;
d) Service User D between 8 September 2012 and around 15 May 2013.
2. Did not carry out risk assessments in relation to Service User B between 25 June 2012 and around 15 May 2013
3. Between February 2012 and May 2013 did not respond to child protection and/or child welfare concerns in that, you did not carry out home visits in respect of:
a) Family B on 3 occasions;
b) Not proved.
c) Family A on 2 occasions; and
d) Family D on 3 occasions;
4. Not proved.
5. Not proved.
6. Did not make a referral for Service User D, who told you she was self-harming.
7. Deliberately recorded false information on the HCPC's electronic system in that you:
a. input a CIN plan onto the system when in fact a CIN meeting had not taken place:
i. on or around 13 May 2013 in respect to Family C;
ii. on or around 14 May 2013 in respect to Family A.
b. Not proved
8. Not proved.
9. Not proved.
10. The matters described in paragraphs 7 and 9 constitute misconduct.
11. The matters described in paragraphs 1 - 6 and 8 constitute misconduct and/or a lack of competence.
12. By reason of that misconduct and/or lack of competence your fitness to practise is impaired.
No information currently available
History of Hearings for Mr Martin Joseph Sands
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|23/10/2017||Conduct and Competence Committee||Review Hearing||Voluntary Removal agreed|
|28/04/2017||Conduct and Competence Committee||Review Hearing||Suspended|
|22/04/2016||Conduct and Competence Committee||Review Hearing||Suspended|
|27/04/2015||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Suspended|