Ms Jane C Alston
Your fitness to practise as an Occupational Therapist is impaired by reason of your health.
1. At the commencement of the hearing Ms Chaker, on behalf of the HCPC, made an application to have the entirety of the hearing held in private as it was a Health Committee hearing and the matters to be dealt with in the hearing were solely concerned with the state of the Registrant’s health. The Registrant supported this application. The Panel considered the application after hearing advice from the Legal Assessor. The Panel considered that, as this was an allegation that solely concerned the Registrant’s health, it should be heard in private in its entirety.
ORDER: The Registrar is directed to annotate the Register to show that for 12 months from the date that this Order comes into effect (“the Operative Date”), you, Ms Jane Alston, must comply with the following conditions of practice:
1. You must contact your General Practitioner and agree a plan and forward a copy of that plan to the HCPC within 3 months of the date of this hearing.
2. You must comply with the medication regime recommended by your GP and authorise your GP to provide written evidence of the ongoing effective management of your health condition.
3. You must inform your line manager about your health diagnosis and these conditions of practice.
4. You must inform the following parties that your registration is subject to these conditions:
A. any agency you are registered with or apply to be registered with (at the time of your application); and
B. any prospective employer (prior to accepting any position)
The written evidence referred to in Condition 2 is to be provided to the HCPC prior to the review of these conditions.
A future panel may be assisted by references from any line manager you work with during the 12 month period leading up to any review hearing.
The order imposed today will apply from 8 March 2017 (the operative date).
This order will be reviewed again before its expiry on 8 March 2018.
This Health Committee Panel Final Hearing which took place at HCPC London on Monday 6 February 2017 to Wednesday 8 February 2017 at 10:00am.
History of Hearings for Ms Jane C Alston
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|06/02/2017||Health Committee||Final Hearing||Conditions of Practice|