Ms Lyn Gilpin
During the course of your employment as a Social Worker by The Independent Safeguarding and Standards Health and Social Services (Jersey), you:
1. Between 7 February 2014 and 20 June 2014, practised in Jersey as a Social Worker without being registered locally, in accordance with the rules and requirements of the Health Care (Registration) (Jersey) Law 1995.
2. Did not:
a. Ensure that all information was placed on service user files within the required time scales.
b. Complete all Looked after Children (LAC) review notes within the required time scales.
c. Complete all Child Protection Conference (CPC) notes within the required time scales.
3. On 12 February 2014, during a Regional Child Protection Committee (RCPC) regarding Service User ‘A’ made an inappropriate comment, in that you:
a. Stated 'It has been difficult because firstly as professionals we have not done the
best job and as professionals we have left gaping holes' or words to that effect.
4. In relation to Family A, did not inform your colleagues and/or line manager that information had been received on 12 May 2014 about the birth of the unborn baby on the Child Protection Register (CPR).
5. In June 2014, produced an LAC review report regarding an LAC review that took place on 4 June 2014, in respect of Service User ‘B’ that included incorrect information, in that you:
a. Recorded that Service User B's foster carers were prepared to look after him for as long as Service User ‘B’ wanted;
b. Recorded that a referral had been made for Service User ‘B’ to be placed at Casa Mia;
c. Recorded that the current care plan was being amended due to concerns raised by Service User ‘B’s foster carers.
d. Recommended the social worker should seek a foster carer who could offer therapeutic support during the placement, when you knew that this was not an available option.
6. On 16 June 2014, behaved inappropriately during a visit to Service User C, in that you:
a. Would only carry out the visit to Service User ‘C’ after 6:00pm;
b. Took Service User C out for a drive in your car, against the wishes of the foster carers;
c. Spoke to Service User C alone in their bedroom for approximately 30 minutes.
7. On 18 June 2014, behaved inappropriately during an LAC review regarding Service User C, in that you:
a. Insisted that Service User ‘C’ come into the meeting room; when they appeared reluctant to do so.
b. Disclosed the personal details of Service User C's foster carers to the parents, who were in attendance at the meeting;
c. Insisted that Service User ‘C’ attend Coding School over the summer holidays, even though their foster carers had already made alternative arrangements;
d. Advised Service User ‘C’ that if they stayed half the time with their foster family and half the time with ‘H’, they would go home sooner;
e. Asked Service User ‘C’ to hug and kiss their mother during the meeting when it was unknown at the time whether the suspected abuse at home was physical or sexual.
8. On 25 June 2014, you inappropriately forwarded confidential records in relation to service users B, E, F and G to your personal email address.
9. The matters described in paragraphs 1 - 8 constitute misconduct and/or lack of competence.
10. By reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence, your fitness to practise is impaired.
No information currently available
No information currently available
History of Hearings for Ms Lyn Gilpin
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|18/09/2017||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Caution|
|06/03/2017||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned part heard|