Mrs Jill Louise Karadeniz
Whilst registered with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Social Worker, you:
1. On or around 17 February 2014, … on South Tyneside Council’s Pre-Employment Health Questionnaire, but you:
a) … , stated that you:
i) … ;
ii) … .
2. The matter described in paragraph 1 is dishonest.
3. The matters set out in paragraphs 1 – 2 constitute misconduct.
4. By reason of your misconduct your fitness to practise is impaired.
Application to amend the allegation
1. Ms Sheridan applied to amend a particular of the allegation, by deleting the date of “27” and substituting “17”, in the stem of Particular 1.
2. Ms Sheridan submitted that the amendment was necessary to clarify the case against the Registrant. The proposed amendment was notified to the Registrant on 4 April 2016 and Ms Robertson had no observations or objections in respect of the proposed amendment.
3. The Panel received and accepted the advice of the Legal Assessor that an amendment to the allegations could be made, provided no injustice was caused. The Panel noted that the Registrant had been made aware of the proposed amendments and Ms Robertson had made no observations on her behalf.
4. The Panel considered that the proposed amendment did not alter the nature of the case against the Registrant, but merely clarified the allegations. Accordingly the Panel was satisfied that the amendment would not cause any prejudice to the Registrant and determined it should be allowed.
Application to proceed in private
5. Ms Robertson made an application under Rule 10(1)(a) of HCPC (Conduct & Competence) (Procedure) Rules 2003 for the hearing to proceed in private where any personal or private matters relating to the Registrant may be heard in evidence.
6. The Panel received advice from the Legal Assessor. The Panel considered the submission made by Ms Robertson and agreed to by Ms Sheridan, and determined in the exercise of its discretion, that the hearing would proceed wholly in private in view of the extensive evidence relating to both health matters and the Registrant’s family life.
The order imposed today will apply from 3 May 2017 (the operative date).
History of Hearings for Mrs Jill Louise Karadeniz
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|03/04/2017||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Caution|