Mrs Angela Rizzato
Whilst working as a Social Worker at South Tyneside Council:
1. In relation to Service User A:
a. On 10 September 2015, having noted that he presented as being confused andreported forgetting things, you did not:
i. conduct an adequate Self-Assessment Questionnaire in that you;
1. Copied forward a previous assessment completed on 21 August 2015
2. Did not address the potential risks to Service User A in relation to his reported confusion and/or memory loss.
ii. discuss and/or escalate the case with your manager and/or a member of management;
iii. instigate frequent welfare checks and/or visits;
iv. conduct and/or record conducting a Mental Capacity Assessment
b. Between 10 September 2015 and 9 October 2015 you did not:
i. make and/or record any visits with Service User A
ii. make and/or record any telephone contact with Service User A;
iii. seek advice from any medical professional regarding Service User A・s healthcare needs.
c. On 9 October 2015, having been informed by Person 1 of Acorn Care Agency, that the Service User had not been home for over a week, you:
i. Did not inform your manager and/or a member of management of the concerns raised by Acorn Care Agency;
ii. Did not inform your manager and/or a member of management of your intention to visit Service User A;
iii. Having attended Service User A・s home address and receiving no answer from Service User A you did not:
1. check his admission with local hospitals;
2. contact relatives to verify his welfare and/or whereabouts;
3. contact the Police to report concerns over his welfare;
4. contact your manager and/or a member of management to inform them of the situation
5. liaise with the Out of Hours Service to request follow up.
d. On the morning of 12 October 2015, having not made contact with or verified the welfare of Service User A on 9 October 2015, you did not:
i. inform your manager and/or a member of management about the lack of contact with Service User A on 9 October 2015 and/or the concerns about his welfare;
ii. take any action to verify his welfare and/or whereabouts.
2. In relation to Service User B, you did not:
a. Having been informed of concerns over the presentation of Service User B on 10, 22 and/or 24 September 2015:
i. seek advice from the Safeguarding team and/or your manager and/or a member of management regarding action that should be taken;
ii. complete a Best Interests Assessment (also known as a Mental Capacity Assessment 2);
b. Having attended upon Service User B in hospital on 28 September 2015:
i. complete a Best Interests Assessment (also known as a Mental Capacity Assessment 2);
ii. input the re-assessment and Mental Capacity Assessment 1 into the LL Liquid Logic system in a timely manner;
c. Complete and/or record an assessment of need prior to her placement in the care home;
d. Provide the care home with an assessment of her needs before the placement began;
e. Provide the care home with a support plan.
f. Adequately record the arrangements for and/or the transfer of Service User B to the Care Home;
3. In relation to Service User C, you:
a. Completed an inadequate Mental Capacity Assessment on or around 25 September 2015 in that you did not consider and/or record the impact of the flu-like symptoms on mental capacity.
b. Did not update the Mental Capacity Assessment on the case management system following the re-assessment on 2 October 2016.
4. The matters set out in paragraphs 1 to 3 constitute misconduct and/or lack of competence.
5. By reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence your fitness to practise is impaired.
No information currently available
No information currently available
History of Hearings for Mrs Angela Rizzato
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|08/01/2018||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Caution|
|03/07/2017||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned part heard|