Mr Anthony Morris
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
On 26 August 2016, whilst registered as a Paramedic and employed by the
North West Ambulance Service, you attended Service User A and you:
1. Made the following inappropriate comments:
a) You requested an amber level ambulance backup ‘for my own
sanity’, or words to that effect;
b) Regarding not lifting Service User A, you asked if Service User
A’s family would pay your mortgage if you hurt your back, or
words to that effect;
c) You made comments to the effect that Service User A was not
unwell, or was feigning illness;
d) You told Service User A to ‘come on’ and ‘get up’, or words to
that effect when she collapsed;
e) You made a comment to the effect that it did not matter how
long it took to treat Service User A as you would be paid until the
end of your shift anyway
f) You made a comment to the effect that you could be helping
others and that Service User A was wasting your time
2. Did not communicate appropriately with Service User A and/or her
family, in that:
a) Following Service User A’s collapse, you did not update
Service User A’s family before transporting Service User A to the
b) You did not inform Service User A (or her family) of her
potential diagnoses and the risks associated with those.
3. Did not complete and/or record an adequate clinical assessment
4. Walked Service User A to the ambulance, despite her being
tachypnoeic and/or without offering appropriate assistance.
5. Did not provide a wheelchair to Service User A despite this being
requested by Person B
6. Did not assist Service User A to stand when she collapsed on
7. Did not provide care to Service User A in a timely manner
following her collapse.
8. Did not transport Service User A to the hospital in a timely
manner despite Service User A hyperventilating
9. Did not provide an adequate treatment plan in response to
Service User A’s hyperventilation
10. Did not complete and/or record regular observations of Service
11. Did not assist Service User A to travel down the stairs,
including by not using a track chair
12. Informed your employer that care was provided to Service User
A in a timely manner following her collapse, when this was not the
13. Your actions as described at paragraph 12 above were
14. Your actions as described at paragraphs 1 – 11 above
amounted to misconduct and/or lack of competence.
15. Your actions as described at paragraphs 12-13 above
amounted to misconduct.
16. By reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence, your
fitness to practise is impaired.
No information currently available
No information currently available
This Hearing has been adjourned part-heard. A reconvened Hearing is due to be scheduled before the close of 2020.
History of Hearings for Mr Anthony Morris
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|16/09/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Review Hearing||Conditions of Practice|
|22/09/2020||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Conditions of Practice|
|22/06/2020||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned part heard|
|03/02/2020||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned part heard|
|09/12/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|10/09/2019||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|24/10/2018||Investigating committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|