• Home
  • Participant information
  • Contacts and support

Contacts and support


We recognise that our fitness to practise proceedings can be a stressful experience. You can find information about organisations that can provide you with support below. These are not exhaustive lists and you may find other organisations able to assist online.

FTP registrant support service

We've partnered with CiC to provide registrants going through the FTP process with 24/7 access to wellbeing support and practical advice to help you manage any impacts the FTP process might have on your daily life.

The service is free, confidential and run independently. Find out more about their services here.


Phone careline:0800 587 7396
Email: assist@cicwellbeing.com
Website: www.cicwellbeing.com

Useful contacts

We also have put together some useful contacts. This is not an exhaustive list and you may find other organisations able to assist online.


Alcoholics Anonymous

Fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

Helpline: 0800 9177 650
Website: www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk



Is a charity which helps find pro bono (free) legal assistance from volunteer barristers. They only assist those who are unable to obtain legal aid and cannot afford to pay.

Telephone: 020 7092 3960 (Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10:15 AM - 12.45 PM)
Website: weareadvocate.org.uk/


British Dyslexia Association (BDA)

Provide impartial and objective advice and support to dyslexic people and those with whom they come into contact.

Helpline: 0333 405 4567
Website: www.bdadyslexia.org.uk


Citizens Advice

Provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone. They provide advice on a range of topics including benefits, work, debt money, consumer rights, family and housing, law and the courts, immigration and health matters.

Website: www.citizensadvice.org.uk

The Citizens Advice may be able to connect you to the Free Representation Unit (FRU).


Dyspraxia UK

A specialist Occupational Therapy service, focused on supporting people with symptoms of Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) which is commonly known as Dyspraxia.

Telephone: 01223 967897 (Monday - Friday 9am – 5pm)
Website: www.dyspraxiauk.com



Provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. Local Minds support people across England and Wales. Their services include supported housing, crisis helplines, drop-in centres, employment and training schemes, counselling and befriending.

Telephone: 0300 123 3393 Text: 86463
Website: www.mind.org.uk



Is the disability equality charity. They provide practical advice and emotional support whenever people need it most. They aim to achieve a society where all disabled people enjoy equality and fairness.

Telephone: 0808 800 3333 (9am to 5pm weekdays)
Email: helpline@scope.org.uk
Website: www.scope.org.uk



Is a charity aimed at providing emotional support to anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide throughout the UK and Ireland.

Telephone: 116 123
Email: jo@samartians.org
Website: www.samaritans.org



Provide care and emotional support for people with mental health problems. They have a Caller Care service led by professional staff provides ongoing support to help people alleviate a crisis phase or get through difficult circumstances.

Telephone: 0300 304 7000 (every day 4.30pm – 10.30pm)
Website: www.sane.org.uk

Professional bodies

Each of the professions regulated by the HCPC has at least one professional body and/or association. These organisations do work which may include promoting the profession, representing members, curriculum frameworks, post registration education and training and continuing professional development. Whilst these organisations are separate from the HCPC, their role may be complementary to ours. Further information can be found on the HCPC website by clicking on each profession.