Mr Mathew Kim
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Allegation (as amended at the Final Hearing):
As a registered Paramedic (PA41763):
1. You have physical and/or mental health conditions as set out in Schedule A.
2. By reason of your health your fitness to practise is impaired.
Proceeding in private
1. The Panel heard that matters relating to the Registrant’s health were to be discussed as part of this application. Mr Foxsmith submitted that it was appropriate that the entire hearing be held in private as the Registrant’s health was intrinsically linked to the issues in this case.
2. Mr Kim agreed with the application.
3. The Panel accepted the Legal Assessor’s advice and it noted Rule 10(1)(a) of the Health and Care Professions Council (Health Committee) Procedure Rules 2003 (“Procedural Rules”) whereby matters pertaining to the private life of the Registrant, the complainant, any person giving evidence or of any Patient or Client should be heard in private. The Panel agreed the entire hearing should be in private as the Registrant’s Health issues form a major part of the HCPC’s case at this stage.
4. As such, this is the redacted version of the determination.
ORDER: The Registrar is directed to annotate the Register to show that, for a period of 12 months from the date that this Order comes into effect (“the Operative Date”), you, Mr Mathew Kim, must comply with the following conditions of practice:
When you are working as a paramedic (whether in employment or as a volunteer)
1. You must promptly inform the HCPC if you take up employment as a Paramedic or any other role dependent upon your registration with the HCPC.
2. You must promptly inform the HCPC of any disciplinary proceedings taken against you in your role as a Paramedic by your employer.
3. You must register with and remain under the care of a general practitioner and inform them that you are subject to these conditions.
4. You must follow any treatment plan designed by your general practitioner for the medical conditions set out in Schedule A.
5. You must authorise your general practitioner to provide the HCPC with information about your health and any treatment you are receiving.
6. You must keep your professional commitments under review and limit your professional practice in accordance with the advice of your general practitioner.
7. You must cease practising immediately if you are advised to do so by either of your general practitioner.
8. You must inform the following parties that your registration is subject to these conditions:
a) any organisation or person employing or contracting with you to undertake work as a Paramedic;
b) any agency you are registered with or apply to be registered with as a Paramedic (at the time of application);
9. You will be responsible for meeting any and all costs associated with complying with these conditions.
10. Any condition requiring you to provide any information to the HCPC is to be met by you sending the information to the offices of the HCPC, marked for the attention of the relevant Case Manager.
The Order imposed today will apply from 19 January 2022
This Order will be reviewed again before its expiry on 19 January 2023.
History of Hearings for Mr Mathew Kim
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|20/12/2021||Health Committee||Final Hearing||Conditions of Practice|