Dr Deirdre Martin
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
No information currently available
Proceeding in Private
1. Ms Sampson submitted that the entire hearing should be held in private as the Registrant’s health is the basis of the allegation in this case. The Registrant has not objected to the matter proceeding in private.
2. The Panel accepted the Legal Assessor’s advice that under Rule 10(1)(a) of the Health Professions Council (Health Committee) Procedure Rules 2003 (“the Rules”). The entire hearing may be held in private as the Registrant’s health issues are a fundamental part of the HCPC’s case. The Panel decided that the entire hearing should be held in private to protect the private life of the Registrant.
Service and proceeding in absence
3. The Panel found that there had been good service of the proceedings, in accordance with Rule 3 of the Rules, by notice dated 20 November 2020.
4. The Panel next considered whether to proceed with the hearing in the absence of the Registrant, in accordance with Rule 11 of the Rules. The Panel was mindful of the guidance in the HCPTS Practice Note entitled Proceeding in the Absence of the Registrant, based upon the factors identified in R v Hayward, R v Jones and GMC v Adeogba.
5. The Registrant did not attend the virtual hearing today but she was represented by her daughter Ms Olivia Duncan. The Registrant has confirmed that she is aware of the hearing today and has waived her right to attend. It is therefore in the public interest and the Registrant’s interest to proceed with the hearing in her absence. An adjournment would be unlikely to secure the Registrant’s attendance on a future date and she has requested that her name is removed from the HCPC register.
The Panel is satisfied that the VRA is an appropriate and expeditious way of dealing with this matter. The Panel therefore approves the VRA.
No notes available
History of Hearings for Dr Deirdre Martin
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|04/01/2021||Health Committee||Voluntary Removal Agreement||Voluntary Removal agreed|