Mr Dermot Hynan
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
No information currently available
No information currently available
The current Interim Conditions of Practice Order is confirmed;
1. You must not carry out massage to any patient as part of your practice.
2. You must not assess or treat any female patients without a chaperone.
3. You must confine your professional practice to a work setting where you are not the sole practitioner.
4. You must ensure that you obtain informed consent from all patients, which must be documented in case records.
5. You must place yourself under the supervision of an HCPC registered podiatrist and supply details of the identity of that supervisor to the HCPC within 2 weeks of taking up a Podiatry post.
6. You must meet with your supervisor on at least a monthly basis and provide documentary evidence demonstrating compliance with conditions 1-4.
7. You must work with your supervisor to develop a personal development plan (PDP) to cover the following matters:
A. maintaining professional boundaries;
B. informed consent;
C. record keeping.
8. You must send a copy of your PDP to the HCPC within six weeks of your taking up a podiatry post; and thereafter you must send to the HCPC every three months an update of your progress toward your PDP.
9. You must register with and remain under the care of your General Practitioner and inform him or her that you are subject to these conditions.
10. You must authorise your GP to provide the HCPC with information about your health and any treatment you are receiving.
11. You must keep your professional commitments under review and limit your professional practice in accordance with the advice of your GP.
12. You must cease practising immediately if you are advised to do so by your GP.
13. You must inform the following parties that your registration is subject to these conditions:
A. any organisation or person employing or contracting with you to undertake professional work;
B. any agency you are registered with or apply to be registered with (at the time of application); and
C. any prospective employer (at the time of your application).
This Order will be reviewed no later than 5 April 2021 or earlier if new evidence which is relevant to the Order becomes available after it was made.
History of Hearings for Mr Dermot Hynan
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|11/04/2022||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|14/01/2022||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|08/07/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|29/03/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|05/01/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|21/07/2020||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|16/03/2020||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|20/12/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|30/09/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Conditions of Practice|
|18/04/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Application||Interim Conditions of Practice|