Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
As a registered Paramedic (PA41013) your fitness to practise is impaired by reason of misconduct and/or lack of competence. In that:
1. You deliberately provided inaccurate reasons for non-attendance at work and/or failed to follow the correct absence reporting procedure, in that:
- On 10 April 2018 you retired 4 hours early from a shift to attend a college course, which you already knew had been cancelled
- On 3 July 2018 you failed to attend your rostered shift and stated that your car was not working and that you had an appointment with a mechanic.
- On 17 July 2018 you failed to attend your rostered shift and then disclosed at a later date that you had returned from Poland
- On 2 October 2018 you failed to attend your rostered shift stating you were sick when this was not the case
- On 3 October 2018 you failed to attend your rostered shift stating you were sick when this was not the case
2. Between 01 July 2018 and 26 September 2018, during ride outs with Person A and Person B the Patient Care provided by you was not to the required standard, when;
a) On 1 July 2018 your assessment of Patient 1 was not adequate, in that:
- i. You did not take an accurate patient history;
- ii. You did not provide adequate rationale for your plan of taking Patient 1 to hospital;
- iii. You did not conduct an adequate clinical respiratory assessment and only performed auscultation requiring your colleague to take over patient care;
b) On 1 July 2018 your assessment of Patient 2 was not adequate in that:
- i. You delayed in completing the assessment of Patient 2, and/or Person A had to prompt Cardio Monitoring of the Patient
- ii. You did not interpret the Electro Cardio Gram [ ECG] accurately and/or did not recognise that it showed an inferior MI;
- iii. You did not explain to Patient 2 why you had to transport them using blue lights;
- iv. You did not prepare in advance of the ride out to ensure that you were able to use some equipment on board; namely
- I. Pre-alert radio
- II. Stretcher
c) On 01July 2018, your clinical reasoning in assessing Patient 4 was not to the required standard in that:
- i. you did not, on arrival at scene, plan to take the equipment required in order to be able to carry out an accurate assessment of Patient 4, and/or had to be prompted to do so;
- ii. you did not recognise that you needed to assess Patient 4 prior to lifting the Patient;
- iii. You did not take appropriate action while Patient 4 deteriorated on lifting and/or had to be prompted to do so;
- iv. You did not promptly bring the correct equipment to treat Patient 4 after the patient had deteriorated.
d) On 26 September 2018, your clinical reasoning and/or decision making as recorded on the EPCRs was not to the required standard as observed by Person B on a ride out, relating to
- i. Patient 5
- ii. Patient 6
- iii. Patient 7
3. You were unable to communicate effectively at work as your understanding of the English language was poor and/or your communication did not meet the required standard in that:
- On 1 July 2018 it was reported that you demonstrated poor communication skills;
- On 4 July 2018 it was reported that you demonstrated poor communication skills;
4. Your conduct in relation to Particulars 1 and 2 above was dishonest.
5. The matters set out in Particulars in paragraphs 1, 2 and 5 constitute misconduct
6. The matters set out in Particulars 3 and 4 amount to a lack of competence and/or misconduct.
7. By reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence your fitness to
practise is impaired.
No information currently available
No information currently available
This hearing adjourned, part heard. The date for the reconvened hearing is to be confirmed.
History of Hearings for Piotr Debski
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|07/01/2022||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Struck off|
|23/11/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned part heard|
|13/10/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Adjourned part heard|