Mrs Kathryn E Curtis
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
As a registered Occupational Therapist (OT17696) your fitness to practise is impaired by reason of health conditions. In that:
1. You have physical and/or mental health conditions as set out in Schedule A.
2. By reason of your health your fitness to practise is impaired.
Service and proceeding in absence
1. The Panel heard that notice of this hearing was sent to the Registrant by email dated 13 December 2021 which informed the Registrant of the date and time of this hearing and that the hearing would be conducted remotely by video link. The Panel was satisfied that notice had been properly served.
2. Ms Welsh applied for the hearing to proceed in the Registrant’s absence. She referred the Panel to an email from the Registrant’s representative dated 6 January 2022 which stated that the Registrant would not be attending this hearing as she had emigrated abroad. The Registrant’s position was confirmed by another email from Unison, her representative, dated 14 January 2022, which also included written representations.
3. The Panel received and accepted the advice from the Legal Assessor. The Panel determined that the Registrant had given a clear indication that she would not be attending. Therefore, the Panel was content for the matter to proceed in her absence.
Proceeding in Private
4. Ms Welsh applied for the entirety of the hearing to be heard in private on the grounds that there are matters which are inextricably linked to the Registrant’s health. The Panel allowed the application having noted that the matter had been referred to a Health Committee and the acceptance by the HCPC that the matters are inextricably linked to the Registrant’s health.
ORDER: The Panel directs the Registrar to remove the name of Mrs Kathryn E. Curtis from the Register with immediate effect.
This is a Voluntary Removal Agreement hearing taking place on Monday 17 January 2022.
History of Hearings for Mrs Kathryn E Curtis
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|17/01/2022||Health Committee||Voluntary Removal Agreement||Voluntary Removal agreed|