James A Bramwell
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
On 26 November 2016 conducted two ECGs on Person A and did not:
a. Obtain and/or record Person A’s medical history;
b. Obtain and/or record Person A’s consent;
c. Undertake and/or record an assessment of Person A;
d. Undertake and/or record Person A’s vital signs;
e. Record the findings of the ECG.
2. You attended at Person A’s place of work on unauthorised visits and/or attended at Person A’s place of work and used a company vehicle for private purposes whilst on duty, on or around the following dates:
a. 28 November 2016;
b. 29 November 2016;
c. 1 December 2016;
d. 5 December 2016.
3. On or around 1 December 2016 you:
a. attended at Person A’s General Practitioner on an unauthorised visit;
b. attended at Person A’s General Practitioner using a company vehicle for private purposes whilst on duty.
4. On or around 9 December 2016 you:
a. Attended at Person A’s home on an unauthorised visit;
b. Attended at Person A’s home using a company vehicle for private purposes whilst on duty;
c. Conducted an ECG on Person A and did not complete a Patient
Record Form and/or did not submit any Patient Record Form at the conclusion of your shift that day;
d. Put your hands underneath Person A’s clothing and placed your hands on her breasts;
e. Put your arms around Person A’s neck and kissed her;
f. Undid Person A’s belt and lowered her jeans and underwear below her waist;
g. Put your hand and/or finger(s) inside Person A’s vagina;
h. Grabbed Person A’s hand and moved it towards your groin area so that she touched your penis;
i. Said to Person A on numerous occasions that you wanted to “go upstairs to bed” and/or that you wanted to make love to her or words to that effect.
5. Your actions at Particular 4(d) and/or (e) and/or (f) and/or (g) and/or (h) were without the consent of Person A.
6. Subsequent to attending at Person A’s house on or around 9 December 2016, you told your employer during their local investigation that you had attempted to hand the PRF to Colleague A and/or Colleague B, when this was not the case.
7. You dated a PRF for Person A for 9 December 2016, yet completed this at a later date without noting it had been completed retrospectively.
8. On unknown dates you sent text messages to Person A in which you:
a. Told her that you wanted to spend your days off with her, or words to that effect;
b. Told her that she was lovely, or words to that effect;
c. Signed off text messages by saying “love you” or words to that effect.
9. On or around 20 July 2016 you recorded two broken ampoules in the Controlled Drugs Register and did not:
a. Complete an Incident Report Form;
b. Ask another colleague to witness this;
c. Request a restock.
10. On unknown dates you altered an entry in the Controlled Drug Register dated 26 June 2016 without explanation, having a witness and/or initialling the alteration.
11. On 26 June 2016 you administered Morphine to an on-duty Colleague and you:
a. Recorded 20mg had been administered instead of recording two doses of 10mg with the timing of each dose;
b. Did not accurately record and/or ensure that it was accurately recorded whether the Colleague was given advice to seek further medical assistance.
12. On the following dates, you recorded stock levels of drugs that were inconsistent with the stock contained in your medicines pack:
a. 14 October 2015 (2 instances);
b. 24 October 2015;
c. 28 December 2015;
d. 7 May 2016;
e. 28 June 2016;
f. 2 July 2016;
g. 21 August 2016;
h. 10 September 2016.
13. You did not undertake and/or record a monthly audit of your medicine pack.
14. You did not ensure that the medicine and/or equipment contained in your medicine pack was in date.
15. Your actions at Particulars 4a, 4d, 4e, 4f, 4g, 4h, 4i, 8a, 8b and/or 8c were sexual and/or sexually motivated.
16. Your actions at Particulars 6, 7, 10, 12a, 12b, 12c, 12d, 12e, 12f, 12g and/or 12h were dishonest.
17. Your actions at Particulars 1 to 16 constitute misconduct and/or lack of competence.
18. By reason of your misconduct and/or lack of competence your fitness to practise is impaired.
No information currently available
No information currently available
Final Hearing of the Conduct and Competence Committee to take place virtually between 23-31 May 2022 at 10:00am day 1 and 09:30 am days 2-7.
History of Hearings for James A Bramwell
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|23/05/2022||Conduct and Competence Committee||Final Hearing||Hearing has not yet been held|
|14/02/2022||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|30/07/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|04/05/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|08/02/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|08/09/2020||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|08/06/2020||Conduct and Competence Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|
|21/05/2020||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Adjourned|
|20/02/2020||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Adjourned|
|07/08/2019||Investigating Committee||Interim Order Review||Interim Suspension|