Miss Mwaiwao L Kapito
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Your fitness to practise is impaired by reason of your physical and/or mental health.
Hearing in Private
1. On behalf of the HCPC, Mr D’Alton applied for the entire hearing to be held in private on the basis that this was a health-based case and the case inevitably would focus largely upon the Registrant’s health condition. The Registrant agreed with that application. The Panel took into account the HCPTS Practice Note “Conducting Hearings in Private”. Given the nature of the HCPC case, being based on the Registrant’s health condition, it would not be possible in a practical sense to try to separate parts of the Hearing so that some parts could be heard in public and other parts in private. The Panel was satisfied that the appropriate and reasonable step was to hear the entire Hearing in Private.
ORDER: The Registrar is directed to annotate the HCPC Register to show that, for a period of 12 months from the date that this Order takes effect (“the Operative Date”), you, Miss Mwaiwao L Kapito, must comply with the following conditions of practice:
1. You must place yourself and remain under the supervision of an HCPC registered radiographer employed at least one band level above your own.
2. You must supply details of your supervisor to the HCPC within 2 weeks of commencing your position.
3. You must provide your supervisor with a copy of these conditions.
4. You must attend upon that supervisor as required and follow their advice and recommendations.
5. You must allow your supervisor to provide written reports to the HCPC, which address your effectiveness in your role as a Radiographer, the first to be 2 months from the date you commence your role, and every 3 months thereafter.
10. You must inform the following parties that your registration is subject to these conditions:
a. any organisation or person employing or contracting with you to undertake professional work:
b. any agency you are registered with or apply to be registered with (at the time of application); and
c. any prospective employer (at the time of your application).
11. You must promptly inform the HCPC if you cease to be employed by your current employer or take up any other or further employment.
12. You must promptly inform the HCPC of any disciplinary proceedings taken against you by your employer.
13. You will be responsible for meeting any and all costs associated with complying with these conditions.
14. Any condition requiring you to provide any information to the HCPC is to be met by you sending the information to the offices of the HCPC, marked for the attention of the relevant Case Manager.
This Order will be reviewed again before its expiry.