Mr David R Cruickshanks
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
Your fitness to practice as a Chiropodist is impaired by reason of your health.
Service / Proceeding in Absence
1. The Panel is satisfied that the Registrant was served with notice of today’s hearing in an email dated 18 February 2022. The Registrant was represented by Ms Gray, of the Royal College of Podiatry. She informed the Panel that she had instructions from the Registrant to proceed in his absence. Therefore, the Panel determined that it was appropriate to proceed to hear the application for voluntary removal, in the absence of the Registrant.
2. Mr D’Alton, on behalf of the HCPC, applied for the hearing to be held in private. He submitted that this case is based entirely on health issues and that the entire hearing should be held in private. He noted that all previous hearings have been held in private. Ms Gray supported this application.
3. The Panel accepted the advice of the Legal Assessor.
4. The Panel accepted that this case was based on health matters and determined that the entire hearing should be in private.
5. The Panel considered that, in all the circumstances, it was appropriate to dispose of this matter in accordance with the terms of the Voluntary Removal Agreement. The Panel finds that it is both in the public interest and in the Registrant’s own interest, for the Registrant to be removed from the HCPC Register voluntarily. Disposal of the case in this manner is fair, appropriate and proportionate.
The Panel grants the application for voluntary removal and directs the Registrar to remove the name of Mr David R Cruickshanks from the Register.
No notes available
History of Hearings for Mr David R Cruickshanks
|Date||Panel||Hearing type||Outcomes / Status|
|10/03/2022||Health Committee||Voluntary Removal Agreement||Voluntary Removal agreed|
|16/08/2021||Conduct and Competence Committee||Review Hearing||Suspended|
|14/08/2020||Conduct and Competence Committee||Review Hearing||Suspended|
|21/11/2019||Health Committee||Final Hearing||Suspended|