Miss Mwaiwao L Kapito
Please note that the decision can take up to 5 working days to be uploaded onto the HCPTS website. Please contact one of our Hearings Team Managers via email@example.com or +44 (0)808 164 3084 if you require any further information.
1. Your fitness to practise is impaired by reason of your physical and/or mental health.
1. Mr Bridges made an application for the entire hearing to take place in private to protect the private life of the Registrant. The Registrant supported that application. The Panel took into account the relevant HCPTS practice note and accepted the advice of the Legal Assessor. The Panel noted that the case concerned the Registrant’s health and decided that the entire hearing should take place in private.
2. Accordingly this decision is redacted.
Order: The Registrar is directed to suspend the name of Mwaiwao L Kapito for a period of 12 months from the date this Order comes into effect.
1. Mr Bridges made an application for an Interim Suspension Order for a period of 18 months to cover the appeal period or until any appeal lodged has been determined.
2. The Panel noted Mr Bridges’ submissions and accepted the advice of the Legal Assessor.
3. Given the Panel’s findings, it would be inconsistent with the need for public protection and the wider public interest not to impose some form of interim order.
4. The imposition of an Interim Conditions of Practice Order would be inconsistent with the Panel’s decision to impose a Suspension Order by way of sanction.
5. The Panel therefore makes an Interim Suspension Order under Article 31(2) of the Health Professions Order 2001, the same being necessary for the protection of the public and in the public interest, having regard to the Panel’s findings of fact and determination as to impairment and sanction.
6. This Order will expire: (if no appeal is made against the Panel’s decision and Order) upon the expiry of the period during which such an appeal could be made; (if an appeal is made against the Panel’s decision and Order) the final determination of that appeal. This Interim [Suspension] Order is made for the maximum period of 18 months.